LIFE



Can life get any easier? The higher I advance in life, the more I realize that it is difficult, I’m almost done with my University studies and the only thing on my mind is “how will I do it?”, “how did others do it?”

 People say the best time to realize your dreams or make something out of your life is when you are young. I look at myself, realize I am not getting any younger. I’m getting old and I’m not moving towards that which I want to. Most people my age have not yet come to the realization that it is almost time for our generation to become parents, to become mentors, to become people that our younger ones will look up to. Is it the drug addicts we have now that want to mentor, or the sex addicts or the chronic clubbers, the alcoholics, who???
My generation would soon become leaders and I ask myself if these are the kind of leaders we want for our nation; people that can’t even make important decisions unless they are under the influence of  one form of drug or the other. Some of us will soon become parents while some of us are already parents. Is our life the kind of life we want our children to imitate? Are we living as a good enough example for our children or we would rather our children look up to other people as mentors?
Every decision we make now builds our future, it shapes our home. Our future depends largely on the decisions we make now, how we spend our time and the kind of friends we keep. These three factors go a long way to influence the way we live and determine how we ought to live. We ought to live our lives like an example we want our children to follow. Let’s live like we’re being recorded and will be played for our children to follow. Let’s lay good examples not just for our children but for every other member of the society.

The New Blogger

Comments