WHY DO PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY DO?



Since I've been a little child, I have always wished I could read people's mind so I might understand them better. When I was in secondary school, we had an election for senior perfect, we were just two nominees.

I was so scared because deep now I knew I was not the people's favorite. I was confused, not really confused, it was more of anger; why would they use election to select the senior prefect and why was it senior prefect and not senior boy or senior girl. So I went to ask my principal why, he told me he wanted it to be fun and he knew we were relaxed because we knew for sure we going to assume that position since we were the best two students. We both refused to campaign knowing well we had not for once been nice to a junior only those we liked. The day of the election came and to my greatest shock I won, then I asked few students why they voted for me. Majority of them were like they hated me, but they hated my opponent more. It taught me how to be a better and nicer person. Since then I've always asked the why behind every situation if I'm in the position to do so.
When people behave in a particular many or do somethings, I always wonder, does this person have a reason at all for doing so? You have tens of thousands in your account and your friend has not eaten and you know he is without money, you sef you claim you are broke, why?  You wake up on a Sunday morning and you refuse to go to church instead, you watch a movie or sleep back, why?  You were sent to school to study rather, you attend all the party both inside and outside campus, why? You are walking down the road you see an old woman on the road in need of someone assistance, she calls on to you as you pass by her, but you pretend as if you didn't hear, why?

A friend of yours need money for capital to start up his business, instead of giving him, you steal his business idea and start up his business? You have excess clothes or food, and you know someone in need or even an orphanage but rather, you prefer to hoard it, why? You can afford to feed yourself and probably two more people, but you rather bought yourself a complete meal for three, why? You have a material that you know will benefit a whole lot of people, but you instead abandon it in your wardrobe, why?   
People have a whole bunch of reason for doing something and most of the time, they fail to be aware that their decision will surely affect people close to them.
You shouldn't just do something because you choose to or because your friend is doing so, you should have a motivation to do so. The reason why I do most of the things I do is because, the Bible says so,  it is an order from either my spiritual father or my earthly parents, it will have a positive effect on my future, it will benefit my neighbor, it is the right thing to do that moment, the fear of God, it is what I have to do to have a bright future, to mention just a few and also yes, I do some stuff because my friends also do them, but I consider my options and see if it is not affecting any important area of my life, after all we are all humans like some people do say.
Please, I employ us, before we do things, let's consider the effects it will have on people around us and if that is the right thing to do that moment. And also, let us have the right reason to partake in any action we do not just because your friend asks you to do so or because you read it somewhere that it is good. God be with us.
Thanks.


Comments