FORCES TO HAPPINESS



What is the cause of happiness? What makes people happy? Does happiness come with money or with what? These are questions that have baffled me since I was young and I know it baffles some of you also.

What do we have to do to attain happiness? That I’m laughing does not mean I’m happy neither does the fact that I attend comedy shows regularly.
From my limited research, I have come to the conclusion that most people are in need of happiness in either their marriage or in their own personal life. I read somewhere that there are two forces to happiness: relationship and achievement. It seems that for you to be happy depends on these two major factors. Let’s consider it closely. It is true. Your relationship with other people and what you’ve achieved goes a long way in determining your level of happiness.

If you are in a failed marriage, it is very difficult for you to be happy, because you tend to fight daily, argue about stuffs that are less important, argue about who’s supposed to do what and who’s been doing what. You have challenges in raising the kids. All these alone are enough to create unhappiness in a person’s life. The kind of relationship we have or keep with people can determine if we will enjoy happiness or not. If you are in a relationship with someone and you guys argue daily, I believe that is a sign of unhappiness. I hear happiness is what sustains a relationship, but it will get to a point you know that this argument is not healthy.

Also your achievement goes a long way in determining your happiness. If you are the kind of person that planned to have achieved a bunch of stuffs at age 30, imagine realizing at age 35, that you are not even close to achieving such, will you be happy? Happiness comes with achievement. Your achievements, which can also be self-actualization can determine how happy you will/can be.
Some people say happiness is a thing of mind, I know I might not be right in all cases and in some cases, I might be mistaken. I tell you this, if you don’t check your relationship and achievement, your mind has a very little role to play in your happiness level.
Thanks.

Comments