WHAT WILL PEOPLE SAY?

This is a question that has served as a hindrance to most of us from doing what we like. When I was younger, my brother was one of the best sprint racers in my school. I had run against him few times at home over short distances, so I felt I was ready and good to go. 

The day came when we had to put our names down if we wanted to participate, I felt since my brother had graduated, I could simply continue the legacy. My presence there alone was like a joke to people, it made me feel bad and I thought if they could laugh at me in my presence, what would they say if I actually wrote my name down. So I had to come up with something. Up till today I don’t know if for sure I can run or not, that single experience has stopped me from participating in all form of sprint events again.
Don’t let your case me be like mine, don’t let the fear of people’s comments hold you back, you never know if you are capable until you try it. Yes, people will laugh at you, people will direct negative comments at you, but these same people will applaud when you eventually make it.

If you limit your actions or opportunities because of what people say, I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you can’t go far in life. You will get stuck in the reality of today, forgetting you have a future. For you to accomplish your dreams of the future, you will have to put people’s comments behind because definitely, people will insult you, they will try to stop you, they will condemn you, only a few will stand by you, but majority will be against you, they will try to hold you back. Only you have the ability to move on and ignore their comments.

People have the ability to stop you with their terrible mouths, make you feel bad, like what you are doing makes no sense, that the world will reject you and your ideas, that you should just stop and give up now before it is too late. But remember it is only you who knows your ideas, it is only you who knows where you are going, they don’t understand, so don’t let them hold you back. Surely, they will comment but find a way to block them out. People are just there to act hindrances and challenges, overcome them and you will see that your aspirations are achievable and realistic.
Thanks


Comments