DON'T GIVE UP



Can you stop for a second and think of your life? Are you proud of your life right now? Can you categorically say with the way your life is going now you will be a success in life? Or you’re just living life as the society presents it to you? Do you attend classes because you have to or because you want to? 

Someone great once told me I should attend class like I already have a job not like I need a job. Life is unpredictable, it never goes as planned. When I was little, I wanted to have my university studies abroad, but I am now in OAU. I wanted a car for my 20th birthday, I don’t even remember if I got a gift. But that hasn’t stopped me from dreaming or wishing for more stuffs, it’s just made me realize that if I wanted anything, I would have to work for it myself.
Many of us have dreams, we want to be this, we want to be that, but not many of us are actually following it up. We entered university, first semester GPA is 4.3, we are happy, our dream is still feasible, second semester 4.0, the race is still on. 200level, 3.0CGPA, there is still hope, we can still do it. Second semester, 2.5. We are losing it, thinking ‘is it still worth it’? We start saying things like “school is overrated”, “everything is connect”. We resumed 300level, first semester 2.0, we have now lost it, we don’t mind anything so far we are able to graduate; we don’t mind our CGPA again, we tell ourselves “even those with first class don’t have jobs”. We can’t even remember what our ambition was again because the system has dealt with us. But let us not forget that life is about challenges. If we are unable to overcome this, what would we do when faced with more challenging difficulties, give up??
As a child, I had aspirations to be an accountant up until secondary school. After my pre degree program, my ambition was shifted to Psychology, I have no regrets because I actually find psychology interesting. But it looks difficult to attain now that CGPA has my time coming, my dreams look like an unattainable one, no one wants a graduate with 2.2 in psychology to do M.sc, so sad. But notwithstanding, I won’t give up, I believe in the “saying when there is a will there is a way”.
So, for those of us that don’t know what yet you want with our lives, comfortable with the usual “finish school, serve and wait for a job” syndrome, please let’s stop and think: if you continue living your life like this, would you be able to build that house you want?, buy that car you’ve always loved?, or go on that trip you’ve been dreaming of. Do you even think you would be able to take care of your family and send your kids to school? Your life is whatever you make it to be. There is more to life than we see, life will offer you more ONLY if you are determined, consistent and dedicated, you don’t cheat, you don’t find shortcuts to victory. Life is not fair; you don’t have to follow in its footsteps. You can decide to make something great out of yours. If you start a business and it fails, don’t be discouraged, failure is simply an opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. Don’t easily give up after one or two trials. Efforts only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit. It always seems impossible until it’s done. With dedication, hard-work, and consistency, success will be yours. Always desire more, there is never too much of anything, don’t ever believe too much of something is not good, have the too much first and decide for yourself. Be different, be a role model to others, imagine if your mentor had lived his life nonchalantly, who would you look up to? There are people out there who need you, want to be like you, and look up to you. Make them proud, make yourself proud. There is no feeling like that of self-actualization.  Follow your dream, don’t give up no matter the challenges, they are all there to make you stronger, there is no challenge you can’t overcome, you just need the right counsel. I hope that after reading this, you will think of your life and decide not to give up and be defeated when a challenge seems to overwhelm you.
Thanks for taking your time to read this, this is my first time so please drop your comment and review my work. See you next week.
THE NEW BLOGGER.

Comments